Hi! Welcome to GeneProf!
Some of GeneProf's highlights include:
- Easy-to-use web-based interface:Access your data at any time from any computer with a working internet connection -- no need to install software! (cp. Section 'System Requirements').
- Analysis wizards make your life easy:Step-by-step workflows make it easy to analyse high-throughput data within a minimum of hands-on time. (cp. SubConcept 'Analysis Wizards').
- Versatile modules:Advanced users and data analysis experts benefit from GeneProf's broad range of analysis modules, which can be combined freely into sophisticated workflows (cp. Concept 'Workflows').
- Integrated Analysis:Analysis of ChIP-seq and RNA-seq data in one place, plus support for the integration of other external data (e.g. from microarrays).
- Comprehensive Resource:GeneProf provides a comprehensive resource of fully analyzed next-generation sequencing data. Experimental results can be easily accessed and compared and the analysis procedures employed to produce the data are fully transparent (cp. Tutorial 'Examining Public Next-Gen Data..').
- Extensibility:Algorithm developers and computer programmers can develop their own modules and extend GeneProf. Existing software can be easily wrapped in the workflow framework (cp. Section 'Module Development: Adding new..') and data from GeneProf may be used externally (cp. Section 'Web API: Retrieving Data from ..').
GeneProf is academic software developed at the Centre for Regenerative Medicine / Institute for Stem Cell Research, University of Edinburgh and has benefited from funding by the Medical Research Council and the EU Framework 7 Project "EuroSyStem".
If you use GeneProf for your work, please provide accession numbers for your data analysis experiment(s) and cite one or both of the following papers as appropriate: